- 2 X Rump Steaks (approx. 600gms)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper deseeded and sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 thumb piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 red chillies finely chopped
- 5 tbsp of black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- Rice to server
Remove the fat along the top of the steak and discard. Slice the steak into 1cm long strips and toss in the cornflour with some seasoning.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. Remove and transfer to a plate.
Add the onion & peppers to the pan and fry for 6-7 or until just softening. Stir through the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for another minute. Return the beef to the pan and stir through the black bean sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and 2 tbsp of water to loosen it a bit. Bring to the simmer and serve with rice.